Agile ALM Keeps you On Track!
The Agile Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) system is a set of best practices,
guidelines, templates and documents which describe and assist you in the many phases
of a software project, and the many challenges of running an IT organization. This
material is a culmination of many years of experience both here at Fairway and from
our observations of how other IT organizations are managed.
Call Us to Discuss your Application Lifecycle Needs
What is Agile?
"Agile" is not a methodology, it is the concepts and philosophy that guides it.
The following principles and guidelines are the guidance that Fairway used in developing
our ALM process. The Fairway ALM process is our methodology. There are many methodologies
in the world today: many very good. The Fairway methodology is called "Fairway Agile ALM"
since it is lean, efficient, and practical.
- Promotes a disciplined project management process
- Encourages frequent inspection and adaptation (of the process)
- Encourages a leadership philosophy promoting teamwork, self-organization and accountability
- Contains a set of engineering best practices that allow for rapid delivery of
- Build customer satisfaction by rapid, continuous delivery of useful software
- Deliver working software frequently (weeks rather than months)
- Working software is the principal measure of progress
- Foster close, daily cooperation between business people and developers
- Aligns development with customer needs and company goals
- Make incremental change to the requirements, project plan system, and the resulting
artifacts to enable agility
- Strive for rapid feedback to ensure the project meets the needs of all the participants
- Manage with a purpose, performing only those tasks that add value to business
processes supported by the system
- Travel light, discarding processes and artifacts that don’t add enduring value
to the product — a working software system
Download Brochure of the
Agile Application Lifecycle Management Guidance
The Fairway Agile ALM provides you with many resources and guidance for implementing
processes and procedures in your IT organization. Our product includes over 80 documents
and templates to help you implement IT Governance techniques in your organization.
Don't start from scratch! Use our resources to get started, and you will save hundreds
of hours. You can easily tailor our documents for your organization.
The The Fairway Agile ALM includes information on the following IT business management
- Architecture: In this section of the Fairway Agile ALM you will
be given some suggestions on how to configure a standard development environment
for all programmers in your shop. This includes installing software on your machine
and configuring your development environment. You will also be presented with a
decision model on how to choose between creating a web or desktop application.
- Human Resources Practices: Hiring, firing and managing employees
are a difficult process. We have provided you samples of how to place an ad, how
to interview, an offer of employment letter and a new hire checklist. We even have
a sample employee handbook. The documents that have legal implications, of course,
each state varies in what you are allowed or not allowed to do by law, so you may
need some legal help in this area.
- Management Practices: Managing projects, vendors, and employees
is a huge undertaking. While we do not have all of the answers here, we have given
you some documents and guidelines to follow. We have a sample non-disclosure agreement,
how to build a high-performance development team, and how to set roles and responsibilities
for your employees.
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM): This part of the PDSA
Agile ALM describes the many facets of managing a software development project.
You will learn the basics of a typical lifecycle and what issues you need to address
at each point in the process. You will be presented with documents that describe
the Project Management Guidelines you should use, how to gather requirements, and
how to put together an estimate. In addition there are documents that describe programming
standards, database standards and how to use a source code control system such as
Microsoft Visual SourceSafe. You will also be presented with documents on how to
perform a code design review and performance review on your application.
Download brochure for
the Fairway ALM